Instant Pot Low Carb Frittata
This Instant Pot Frittata with Sausage, Mushrooms & Feta is perfect for breakfast or lunch to feed the whole family. It can be put together in just a few minutes! It’s a real show-stopper.
- 4 Ounce Ground Sausage
- 12 Large Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 Cup Almond Milk
- 4 Ounce Mushrooms Sliced
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Peppers Diced
- 5 Ounce Baby Spinach
- 4 Ounce Feta Cheese Crumbled Or Small Cubes
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Using sauté setting… Add sausage to pot and begin browning – breaking up sausage as much as possible and scraping up bits from bottom.
- Meanwhile – Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Add salt to eggs. Then, using a whisk, mix until yolks are broken up and fully incorporated. Add milk and whisk again, until eggs are light and airy.
- Once sausage is fully browned, add mushrooms and peppers to pot and cook for 3-4 minutes. You want mushrooms to release their liquid and then most of that liquid evaporate. Turn off power to pot, then add spinach. Mix continuously until all spinach is wilted.
- Spray 7-inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Add sausage/vegetable mixture to pan. Pour eggs over top of sausage/vegetable mixture. Using a fork… gently “mix” in eggs. You’re not really mixing, just making sure the eggs reach the bottom of the pan. Add feta on top of egg mixture. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Add 1 1/2 cups water to pot, along with 3-inch trivet. Place pan on top of trivet and lock lid. Cook for 45 minutes at high pressure.
- Once cook time is complete, quick-release pressure. Remove lid and aluminum foil, then let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve warm.
- Eggs may seep through some push pans or spring form pans. We definitely recommend testing this with water first. If your push pan leaks more than a tablespoon or two, you may need to use a different dish. A greased glass baking dish or a metal baking pan of the same size can be used. Cooking time will be 10 minutes longer if using a thicker glass dish.
The Keto Diet Recipe Cafe http://paleodietcafe.com/
For More Great Recipes Like This One Visit The Foodie Eats